Funded by Women’s Xchange 15k Challenge and guided by Rainbow Health Ontario and an Advisory Group of trans community members and their allies, we adapted and expanded the in-person trans-affirming care curriculum to an e-learning version for nurses who have already completed online Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Training. It is currently being piloted.
- KT Tools
Knowledge Translation Tools
- Miljanovski, M., Saad, M., Macdonald, S., MacFarlane, D., & Du Mont, J. (2019, August). Providing trans-affirming care for sexual assault survivors: e-Learning curriculum [Infocard]. Women’s College Research Institute, the Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres, Rainbow Health Ontario. Target audiences: sexual assault survivors, hospital administrators, health providers, policy makers.
This project was funded by Women’s Xchange.
- Principal Investigator: Janice Du Mont, Women’s College Research Institute- Women’s College Hospital;
- Community Lead: Sheila Macdonald, Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres;
- Community Lead; Devon MacFarlane, Rainbow Health Ontario; and,
- Project Coordinator: Megan Saad, Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres.
External Reviewers of the curriculum
- Devon MacFarlane, Rainbow Health Ontario;
- Hannah Kia, University of British Columbia; and
- Daisy Kosa, Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres.